Services – Application Software
Our multi-disciplinary team offers a wide range of software services based on our industry expertise to help our customers reach their project goals.
Manitex takes overall responsibility for the implementation and support of the software solutions in Ireland. This includes a wide range of associated services:
- Project Management
- Implementation & Technical Services
- On-site Training
- On-line Training
- Requirements Analysis
- Systems Integration
- Software Development
- Information Systems Audit
- Customer Service Desk
- Preventative Maintenance
- Strategic & Tactical Consultancy
We can offer a Full-Service Provider approach or work within a multi-disciplinary team to help our customers reach their project goals. Manitex has used a formal project methodology to implement systems in many Health Care organisations over the last 20 years. We therefore have an extremely broad knowledge of Irish Health information requirements and the existing applications and databases in the Hospitals, having had to integrate to many of the existing systems in Ireland.
Manitex has used a formal project methodology to implement systems in many Health Care organisations over the last 20 years. We therefore have an extremely broad knowledge of Irish Health information requirements and the existing applications and databases in the Hospitals, having had to integrate to many of the existing systems in Ireland.
Services – Cloud Infrastructure
The challenges in managing an in-house ICT infrastructure in the Health care market have multiplied in recent times, for many reasons:
- Health care providers are increasingly computerising their workflow and digitising patient records.
- Storage of more complex data types e.g. medical images, videos of procedures, patient documents, clinical text, etc.
- Increasing volume of data to be stored, retrieved, backed up, secured and archived.
- Protection and security of personal data
- Increased threat of cyberattack
- Long term storage of detailed data for lifetime clinical records, data analysis and clinical research.
- Large increase in number and complexity of user populations, working from distributed and multiple locations.
- Patients being enabled with access and control of their patient records
- Computer Networks have to become more flexible and scalable to deal with all of the above factors.
It is clear therefore that Health care providers need a proven industry standard Cloud solution for their Infrastructure needs that will enable their own ICT and Clinical staff to focus on expanding the software applications that will better support the existing and future care of patients.
By virtue of its new partnership with Microsoft, Manitex is now therefore offering Azure Cloud as a solution to meet the infrastructure needs of any health care provider.
- Forrester Consulting concluded that data centre costs were reduced by $12M when switched to Azure.
- 90% of Fortune 500 companies trust the Microsoft Azure Cloud. So it makes sense to take advantage of the most compliant of any cloud provider.
Microsoft Azure offers many advantages, as follows:
- Data Backup – with Azure backup solutions, you can protect your data and applications to avoid costly business interruptions and meet compliance requirements. Securely extend your on-premises backup storage and data archiving solutions to the cloud providing reduced cost and complexity, and achieving efficiency and scalability.
- Disaster Recovery – even a minor outage can cause clinical risks in a health care setting. Be ready with a business continuity plan that includes disaster recovery for all your major IT systems, without the expense of secondary infrastructure.
- Security – with an increase in security breaches and cybercrimes, companies are rightfully concerned about the security of their data in the cloud. Stay protected with Azure security.
- Data capacity – experts estimate the volume of high-value data being stored generally will double year on year. For the reasons mentioned above this could be higher in health care.
- Costs – Public cloud is growing at 6x the rate of IT spending through 2020. Moving to the cloud reduces costs.
- Compliance – industry standards must be met for data compliance.
- Data and infrastructure availability – customers need to ensure availability and infrastructure reliability.
- Secure data – customers need constant secure technology; 76% of enterprises are restricting access to sensitive data to limited individuals. This particularly the case in health care due the sensitivity of patient records.
As well as the Cloud Infrastructure requirements there are a range of other Microsoft Cloud Services available via Manitex.
- Microsoft 365
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Virtual Desktop
- Business email
- Enterprise Secure Mobility
For more information on Microsoft’s Cloud Solutions please see https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/industry/health/microsoft-cloud-for-healthcare